SO what's new? Well 4th of July weekend was fun filled, complete w/ Gus's (my cousins sons) 2nd birthday party, food poisoning for me, a really RAD Santa Cruz beach party, and Andy (xtina's bf) eating a chili dog off the dive motel carpet (another story for another time), it had everything an All American holiday should, booze, beach, barf, burgers, rollercoasters, road trip, fireworks and great friends... pics are on FB.
The following weekend we celebrated 35 years of the Rog @ one of our favorite hang outs, Steff's Sports Bar. Really the only reason we love it is cause our hilariously lovely friend Nancy works there... it was a great night and this is the only picture I've seen of that night... when am I going to be better about the photo taking?!

Tuesday July 13th, was Rog's b-day!!! However, I don't know how much it felt like a birthday to him... the night before he scored an extra TOOL ticket from a friend, needless to say he went with his buddies, I loathe TOOL and besides I was on my death bed dying of the flu... seriously I think the month of July is trying to kill me, I've never had food poisoning before and I rarely ever get sick... and then I had both hit within a week of one another... what's the deal?! However, even tho I was sick, sweaty, feverish with the chills, I still managed to rally and make The Rog's birthday night a night out on the town... I just wanted him to feel as special as I think he is... we had dinner at John's Grill... I know super touristy, but sometimes its fun to be a tourist in your own city... besides the man loves his Beef, and I meant the steak, but of course he loves me too! The restaurant was cool, food was good and atmosphere was fun, imagine old mafia style, through out the dinner I was watching customers walking in imagining they were gangsters from prohibition days... I know such an imagination I have, besides I'm obsessed with the 20s and love to pretend I lived back then... after dinner we headed to the theatre for some Mel Brooks action... Young Frankenstein was freakin FANTASTIC!!! WE loved every minute of it... I love living in a city where all these fun things are at our finger tips... and I love being able to share it all with such a wonderful, patient, kind, handsome man... I hope he loved his day as much as I love him! Here's some photos that were taken @ Otis, The Rog's Cheers!
And last weekend I went camping in Humboldt Co. It was my friend Kristen and her husband Jefferson's 1st annual Buddies Camping in the Redwoods trip... it was soooo sooo much fun! The Rog couldn't go, he's so dang busy with work it's disgusting! He's been working 14-15hr days 7 days/week... the poor guy is exhausted and not to rub it in, but he's seriously missing out on a whole lot of fun... at least he did last weekend... The camping trip was beyond fun! The ride there and back w/Xtina and Andy was entertaining as always... The camp site was majestic! We were camping at this place on the Eel River. Friday night we cooked, hung out around the camp fire until the glow sticks were broken out... talk about hours of entertainment! holy cow! Who knew so many adults could have that much fun with things that glow in the dark... light saber fights, juggling dancing Santa!, tron reenactments... laughed so hard my abs hurt for 2 days! Saturday afternoon we spent 5 hours on the River, just floating, we tethered all our rafts together, had some beers and tunes, and just floated! It was awesome and thanks to Jefferson who had to walk us threw some shallow water, other wise we might still be floating on the river... camping is so fun! Being at one w/nature, you know driving up to your camp site, sleeping on an air mattress inside a tent while BBQing over coals, and sleeping in until 10:30... one amazing thing that came out of this weekend was my delicious dessert I "invented".... 2 grasshopper cookies (thin mints made by the Keebler Elves) with a roasted marshmallow in between!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! they are effin AMAZING!!! As Andy put it, "Shannon has unlocked the key to the universe. THANK YOU MORGAN FREEMAN!!!" (a reference to Through the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman, an amazing TV series on the science channel if you haven't seen it, you really need to, blows my mind every time!) ...
So after a weekend of camping, I showed up to good ol'State Farm-o and handed in my resignation... we're are now down to 12 actual working days... I have that first day of school excitement and nervousness... you know the one that makes you feel like a new chapter is about to begin... it's funny cause as I'm going through this 'transition' I know that I will look back at this time of my life and think "Wow that change was the best thing I've ever done!!!" Time to turn and face the strange...
Next up Dan and Jessy's wedding, The Rog is an usher... it's a full wedding weekend ahead, bachelor/bachelorette on Friday, rehearsal on Sat nite, and wedding Sunday... good thing I took Monday off! Maybe this time I'll remember to take pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment