Monday, August 2, 2010

Wallet Photos?!

So remember back in the day, before smart phones... you know when people actually carried pictures in their wallets of people they love... I know that both my parents use to do this, and I believe that my mom still does... actually I know she still does because she likes to break them out usually when we're sitting in a restaurant... I must say though that she has more photos of me than of any of her other kids... hehehe... however, I don't feel special, I know its only cause I was the only one of the 3 of us that played a sport in high school and went to every high school dance... yep! that's how old the pics in my mom's wallet are... I don't think my dad even carries a wallet any more, I think he did away with his George Costanza wallet when down sizing to a good ol'money clip... but he does have a whole corner of his desk in his office with pictures of us since we were wee ones... So a couple weeks ago while on the scavenger hunt at Jessy's bachelorette party, one of the tasks was to find a guy who had a picture of his girlfriend in his wallet... ha! good luck! We settled for a guy showing us a picture of his girlfriend on his ever so smart iPhone... well this past weekend The Rog and I went to the ever so classy Buckys for my Aunt/Godmother's 50th Birthday... while we were partying away I didn't feel like holding onto and babysitting my purse so I left it in the car... I had asked The Rog to hang onto my ATM card... well then on Sunday morning, I asked him for my card back... he said it was in his wallet, after opening his wallet, I thought to myself that I probably shouldn't be digging in his wallet... the guy's allowed some privacy I suppose... so I said here's your wallet, I don't know where my card is and it's probably quicker if you just grab it... he said, "Its there next to your picture." HUH?! really? Who carries a picture in their wallet? Well he does! He broke it out and showed it to me all proud, after I asked to see it of course, slightly out of disbelief and slightly because I had to make sure it met my approval to be in his wallet and therefore shown to others... Its from one of those really cool small instant wanna be Polaroid cameras... the admin from The Rog's work had one at his work party (where the picture above, the one with me in the hat, was taken)... I'm thinking I want one of these cameras, its a tad cooler than the old school Polaroids (which I still have w/about 15 boxes of Polaroid film, btw) and the only reason they're a tad cooler is cause the pictures are way small and... wait for it... they can fit in your wallet! ... so thanks to Hannah, The Rog is one of those guys that carries his girlfriend in his wallet... so glad I have an ever so smart man who still carries pictures of his loved one in his wallet... I'm such a lucky gal - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment