Thursday, June 3, 2010

¡Adiós Muchachos!

So I'm leaving... yes on a jet plane...
Headed to Usulután Department in El Salvador to build houses with Habitat for Humanity, as most of you know...



Because most of you don't know I thought I should mention here that I will not be emailing, facebooking, blogging or anything while I'm traveling... in part cause I don't wanna pay the Internet fee, but mostly because I wanna use this as a time to reflect, learn and prepare myself for my new life journey that will begin in August (going back to school!)... The only communication I will have with anyone back home is a few calls to The Rog... I told him I'd call him when I get there and maybe 2 more times while I'm there just to check in and let him know I'm surviving the __[fill in the blank]_ (concrete pouring, re bar tying, jungle, jumping spiders, mosquito bites, heat, locals w/machetes, or whateves...)... The third reason is that I really want to focus on my writing while I'm there and will be actively journaling my adventure...

So, most peeps have asked if I'm excited? nervous? scared? and really the best way to describe how I am feeling is ready! I have been really looking forward to this for a few months and I can't believe it's already time for me to go... I know my time there will go by fast, which is the 4th and final reason I will not be spending time on the Internet... I want to spend every minute I have enjoying where I am both physically and mentally... I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy! but you just wait til I return home with awesome photos and AMAZING stories... so for now I'll just say...
¡Adiós Muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment