Friday night- Met The Rog @ one of our favorite places to hang out, Otis. Our friend is the bartender and The Rog really need to put back a few after the day he had... I drank a couple Chimays... I mean after all if I'm gonna drink beer I mine as well make 'em count! Then we went onto our favorite Taqueria El Castillito for some excellente Mexican food to go! And, home to watch The Tudors (we finished season 1) so, so good, can't wait for season 2! Yeah! Sorry for falling asleep early babe... I was tired and knew we had an early game to watch on Sat morn...
Sat Morning - I was up early... 7 am... damn biorhythms... and with a migraine nonetheless... so I took my migraine meds, fell back asleep to be woken up abruptly by a phone call from Al to The Rog saying it's Futbol time... headed to Nickies bar for a mimosa, an Irish coffee, and a Guinness... Watched the 1st half there but it was too packed and too hot...
Sat Afternoon - left Nickies at the half over to the Elixir's private room... shots, shots, beer, shots... lost count... then walking (or slightly stumbling) through the streets, a quick stop at a friend's house, a drunk Safeway shopping spree... Then home for a BBQ! The Rog and Alex dominated the grill, Jessy and Dan made for tons of fun times... we watched the Giants take it in the pooper by the Sox, laughed our asses off to the Hang Over (love that movie), played BUZZ! trivia... then the Lindsay Candra Saul train arrived...
Sat Night - I almost tried to escape PRIDE celebrations completely... but after Alex balls'd me out and a quick (I mean really effin quick) make over, I was ready for a night out... We left The Rog, Dan and Jessy to their debauchery and went out to find our own... We landed at El Rio shortly after 9 and the Lesbians really showed us a great time... we danced. saw celesbians (Lesbians pretending to be Celebrities). And, had some really funny conversations... Some chick asked us, "On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being completely straight and 10 being completely and totally lesbian, how lesbian are you?" Candra and Lindsay gave me a 4... I'm guessing because I am OK with admitting that other women are hot, will confess to my girl crushes, and there was that one time in high school... I'll leave it at that... so, after a night full of over sharing, making sure that we stayed away from the bullets, being extra careful not to dart (that was The Rog's one rule for me on Sat, don't dart out into the street and get hit by a car... I'm a darter and he's had to save my life I'm sure more than once)... a stop by The Mint (line too long, didn't wait, so sad no karaoke for me!), The Pilsner (a cover at 12:30, no thanks!) and finally a refreshing cider at Lucky 13 before our feet tiring walk home...it was a GREAT FANTASTIC WONDERFUL NIGHT! Couldn't have asked for a greater PRIDE Celebration! and special Thanks to Alex, who not only made me rally, but was a true sport for hanging out at a place where he couldn't even hit on the chicks and for listening to me way over sharing... way to go dude!
Sunday - Woke up, read, fell asleep, got up @ 12:30!!! That never happens, felt so good to sleep in... The Rog had to work, as did I... well The Rog actually had to do real work, I had to work on my book club book seeing that book club is on Tuesday and I have400 pages to read! So I sat out on the back patio in the sunshine reading my book and working on my tan while staying out of The Rog's hair... then I had an AMAZING bubble bath... after which The Rog took a break for some HBO action... Trueblood, Hung, and Entourage... ate some left over BBQ and made homemade peanut butter choco chip cookies... Thank you weather for being happy and sunshiny and lovely and thank you San Francisco for hiding your usual June gloom...
Now tonight I'll be taking in a good ol'game of Rivalry Baseball, Giants vs. Dodgers, with another two of my favorite people, Fancy Pants Buddha and Joey B!
Late nights out, BBQs, sunshine, HBO TV Line-up, baseball games and hanging out with friends I love...
Now it officially feels like summer!
P.S. Here's the only photos I took all weekend... I'm such a loser... why didn't I take more :-(
Alex rockin' my sunglasses on Sat morn!

No comments:
Post a Comment